With just three ingredients, this Boulevardier recipe is the perfect sipper for autumn happy hours. Simply garnish with an orange and enjoy!
The Boulevardier is a classic cocktail made with bourbon, Campari and sweet vermouth. It can be served over ice or gently stirred and strained into a coupe glass. Born out of the Prohibition, this auburn-colored elixir is slightly spicy, a little sweet and has a citrus zip from the orange peel. Other bourbon recipes you might enjoy include my Blackberry Whiskey Smash or these Mint Juleps.
HOW TO MAKE THIS BOULEVARDIER RECIPE:
This adult beverage comes together rather quickly, and it couldn’t be easier to make. If you follow my stories on Instagram, you’re well familiar that I stir one of these up at least once a week. All you need to do is pour the ingredients into a glass with ice, stir and garnish with an orange peel. That’s it! Some items you will need include:
- Bar Spoon
- Mixing Glass
- Strainer (if you plan to serve straight up)
- Rocks or Coupe Glasses
THE HISTORY BEHIND COOPERS’ CRAFT BARREL RESERVE:
This Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is a bold and complex variety that is bottled at 100 proof. The brand was created in honor of the Brown-Forman barrel makers at the BF Cooperage in Louisville Kentucky. Since 1945, Brown-Forman has remained the only major distiller to own a new barrel cooperage, allowing them to control the bourbon making process from start to finish. The final result? A distinct and robust flavor with hints of caramel and vanilla. It’s fantastic on its own or blended into cocktails.
WHAT IS VERMOUTH?
I always keep a bottle of both sweet and dry vermouth in our home bar. Both are fortified wines used in various types of cocktails. Dry vermouth is primarily used in vodka and gin martinis, while sweet vermouth makes an appearance in Negronis, Manhattans, and (you guessed it) Boulevardiers!
NEED A SNACK TO GO ALONG WITH YOUR COCKTAIL?
I’m a big fan of various appetizers with happy hour. Give one of my recipes below a try! I promise your tummy will be extremely happy. 😉
- 1-1/2 oz. Coopers' Craft Barrel Reserve 100 Proof Bourbon
- 1 oz. Campari
- 1 oz. Sweet Vermouth
- Orange twist, for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass with ice. Stir for 15 seconds and enjoy over the rocks or strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with an orange twist.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- If you do not own a mixing glass or spoon, a taller glass and regular spoon will do the trick. Not to worry.
- Any type of ice will work with this cocktail. You can go fancy with one big cube or take it easy with the variety from your freezer’s ice machine.
- If serving straight up in a coupe glass, I suggest placing the glass in the freezer for at least an hour beforehand to keep your drink nice and frosty.
This post is sponsored by Coopers’ Craft. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend an ingredient or service that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!
PIN THIS FOR LATER: