This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of ALDI. All opinions are 100% mine.
Flavorful, tender and juicy… this homemade meatloaf is a true crowd pleaser. Served with a tangy glaze, brown sugar carrots and potatoes. Dinner has never been more comforting.
I’ve been shopping at ALDI with my boys every weekend since they opened up in our lakeside town just north of Charlotte. Not only is their produce top notch, but their store is easy to navigate and stocked full of family-friendly goodies! Need more cooking inspo? Other popular recipes that our kids enjoy include these Avocado Stuffed Mexican Flautas, Crispy Pickle Juice Air Fryer Broccoli Bites, and my Traditional Bruschetta Recipe with Pesto.
MY ALDI HAUL:
WHAT YOU NEED FOR HOMEMADE MEATLOAF:
Simply Nature’s Grass Fed Ground Beef mixed with perfectly spiced country sausage is the ultimate combo when it comes to this recipe. Other items you’ll need include:
- Minced Onion
- Friendly Farms Whole Milk Greek Yogurt (or Sour Cream)
- Breadcrumbs (or Almond Flour)
- Simply Nature Garlic Stir-In Paste
- Burman’s Dijon Mustard
- Fresh Herbs
TO MAKE THE HONEY-MAPLE GLAZE:
I’ll often double the batch of this sweet ‘n spicy sauce and use it with leftover meatloaf sandwiches. It’s totally addicting.
- Specially Selected 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- Burman’s Dijon Mustard
- Dash of Hot Sauce (optional)
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST MEATLOAF:
- Carefully mince the onion before adding to the meat mixture. Mincing instead of dicing will ensure the onion cooks while the meatloaf bakes.
- Mix the meatloaf ingredients by hand, making sure not to over-mix! Over-mixing will result in a dense meatloaf that’s dry.
- Line your loaf pan with parchment paper. Makes for an easy removal of the meatloaf after cooking.
- Allow the meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. This will ensure that the meat doesn’t fall apart.
THINGS I LOVE ABOUT SHOPPING AT ALDI:
The Simply Nature line is my absolute favorite. Not only do they provide organic meats, but they also have pantry stapes such as cereal, milk, butter, honey, coconut oil, fruit bars and so much more! They are constantly adding new products, so it’s exciting to find their latest and greatest items on the shelves each week.
Their Specialty Selected line specializes in indulgent offerings at reasonable prices. Shoppers can expect to find gourmet coffees, hand-selected pastas, premium meats and cheeses. (Ahem, hello lunch-time charcuterie board!).
I highly encourage that you visit a store-location near you. If you find any particular items that you are smitten with, make sure to tag me on Instagram so I can check them out!
MORE SIDE DISHES YOU CAN SERVE WITH MEATLOAF:
Double-Dipped Air Fryer Onion Rings
Supreme Pizza Cornbread Casserole
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Lemon Herb Aioli
Scratch-made Thanksgiving Dressing
Quick & Easy Whole Lemon Brown Butter Pasta
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- ½ lb. Country Ground Sausage
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ cup Friendly Farms Whole Milk Greek Yogurt (or Sour Cream)
- 1 tsp. Simply Nature Garlic Stir-In Paste
- ¾ cup Seasoned Panko Breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup Minced Onion
- 1 tbsp. Burman’s Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp. Ketchup
- 4 tbsp. Ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Specially Selected 100% Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 2 tbsp. Burman’s Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire
- Dash of Hot Sauce
- Chopped Italian Parsley, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients for the meatloaf in a large bowl and press into the loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Whisk together all of the glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven, carefully drain any access grease and then spread the glaze over the meatloaf. Return the meatloaf to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Allow the meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley before serving.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- The best ratio of ground beef for this recipe is 85% lean, 15% fat. Mixing that together with the country sausage will ensure a moist meatloaf.
- If you do not have a loaf pan, you can also cook the meatloaf on a baking sheet (like I did on this recipe). Cooking times may vary, depending on the shape and thickness of the loaf.
- I love a good shake of hot sauce in the maple glaze, however, it is completely optional. I’m a big fan of heat but if I’m serving this to my mini me’s I’ll often skip it and add a shake to my own after the meatloaf is done cooking.
This post is sponsored by ALDI. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend an ingredient or service that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
Leave a Reply