Baba Ghanoush is a roasted eggplant dip or spread. It pairs well with Mediterranean food and I like it best on sandwiches in place of mayonnaise. This is also a great, healthy alternative to Hummus.
- 1 Eggplant
- 3 tbsp. Tahini
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 3+ tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of Feta
- ½ Jalapeno, seeded & chopped
- 1 tbsp. Sundried Tomatoes (dried, not packed in oil)
- S + P to taste
- Dried Basil for Garnish
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Pierce your Eggplant several times and roast on a cookie sheet for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Once your Eggplant has been roasted, remove from the oven and set out to cool for at least 10 minutes. After your Eggplant is cool to the touch, carefully peel off the skin.
- Chop your naked Eggplant into smaller pieces and puree with all listed ingredients, except for the dried Basil, in a food processor.
- Top with dried Basil & serve with Crackers, Veggies or Pita Bread.