There’s nothing more fun than making homemade corn dogs on a summer afternoon. These are a tasty snack that both kids and adults enjoy!
WATCH ME MAKE THESE ON THE GRAM!
Are you team ketchup or team mustard when it comes to corn dogs? I’m a little-bit-of-each kinda gal. 🙂 These savory-sweet gems are perfect for summer gatherings, football season, or part of a weeknight dinner! If these look tasty, make sure to try some other family-friendly appetizers! Buffalo Meatball Taquitos are quick and easy, these Salami Cream Cheese Wontons are always a hit, and my Avocado Chicken Salad Pinwheels are a picnic staple!
INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE CORN DOGS:
I jazzed mine up a bit with a few extra ingredients. Have you ever heard of pickle corn dogs? What about cheesy cornbread? Lucky for you, this recipe includes both! Oh, and you can never go wrong with the addition of ranch!
- Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- Melted Butter
- Heavy Cream
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Dry Ranch Seasoning
- Dill Pickle Chips
- Hot Dogs
- Ketchup + Mustard
- Green Onions
I poured my corn batter into a regular, 12-cup muffin tin. You can certainly use a mini muffin tin instead if you prefer bite-sized poppables.
CAN YOU MAKE THESE AHEAD OF TIME?
You betcha! I usually double the batch, allow them to cool completely and freeze them! When you’re ready to enjoy, simply reheat the muffins in the oven on a baking sheet! Bake at 350F for 10 – 12 minutes, or until they’re fully heated through. It’s that easy!
DO YOU PREFER CHILI ON YOUR HOT DOGS?
If your answer is yes (as it should be!), you’ll love these corn dogs topped with my North Carolina No Bean Chili! Adding it makes this a knife-and-fork situation, but it’s totally worth it! Oh, and top it off with a drizzle of Queso! Swooooon!
WHAT ARE SOME OTHER VARIATIONS?
Do you prefer a kick of spicy goodness? Swap the pickles for chopped jalapeños! Prefer a different type of cheese? Cheddar tastes great! Do you prefer sausage over hot dogs? Go ahead and make the swap with your variety – I like polish and andouille.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
Inside Out Cheesy Sausage Biscuits
Crispy Cheesy Dill Pickle Chips
Tasty Hot Dog Toppings You’ll Enjoy All Summer Long
VIEW ALL RECIPES HERE!
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp. Butter, melted
- ⅓ cup Milk
- 2 tbsp. Heavy Cream
- 4 oz. Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. Dry Ranch Packet
- 24 Dill Pickle Chips, minced
- 8 Hot Dogs, cut into 6ths
- Ketchup + Mustard, for serving
- 2 tbsp. Chopped Green Onions, optional garnish
- Pour the corn muffin mix, egg, butter, milk, heavy cream, cheese, ranch seasoning and minced pickle chips into a large bowl. Mix together well.
- Grease a mini muffin tin and spoon cheesy cornbread mixture into each hole (about halfway).
- Cut each hot dog into 6 chunks and press four into the middle of each muffin prior to baking.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Serve immediately with ketchup and mustard for dippin’.
NOTES ON HOMEMADE CORN DOGS:
- If you prefer to make your own Corn Muffin Mix, go for it! I personally love the taste of Jiffy, it’s a classic pantry staple that I pretty much always have on hand.
- Whole milk with a splash of heavy cream works best in this recipe, as it adds a rich flavor and keeps the muffins moist.
- Only have whole pickles on hand? No worries! I’d mince up 1 – 2 dill pickles instead of the chips.
Leave a Reply