Next time you’re in the mood for mashed potatoes, try my Smashed Lentils instead! Full of fiber and unbelievably tasty! This recipe is a perfect, low fat alternative to the traditional high carb mashed potato dish.
- 1 cup Red Lentils
- 2¼ cups Chicken Stock (low sodium)
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup seasoned Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- S + P to taste
- Fresh Herbs
- Olive Oil (optional)
- In a large pot, combine your Lentils, Garlic and Chicken Stock. Cover and bring to a boil. Once it has reached a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. (to mix things up, you can do 1 cup Coconut Milk and 1 and ¼th cup Chicken Stock, it's super yum!)
- After about 20 minutes, stir in your Bread Crumbs and Parmesan Cheese. Take off heat and cover for 3-5 minutes.
- After everyone has mingled, dress with S + P, Fresh Herbs and a drizzle of Olive Oil. Serve warm.