We’re cleaning out our freezer and getting creative with puff pastry sheets! Say goodbye to delivery and hello to an easy one-sheet pizza recipe. The flaky crust is addicting and crisp, while the softer center will melt in your mouth like butter. Pair this entree with a fresh salad and it’s the perfect crowd-pleaser for a busy weeknight dinner.
My family loves pizza… and I’ll be first to admit that we eat this cheesy masterpiece about once per week.
With so many delicious combinations out there, it’s hard to resist our weekly cravings. So easy and vibrant, we’ll often grab various ingredients we have on hand and make our own creative pies at a whim’s notice. Here’s our version using puff pastry sheets!
So why am I just sharing this on the blog now? To be honest, I was taking a gander at our monthly meal planner and noticed there’s quite a few meals that have slipped past my blog-radar. Whoops. Can I blame this on pregnancy brain?
If you’re looking for a low-carb version, make sure to check out my Cauliflower Crusted Pizza recipe. Another popular post includes my Mexican Pizzas (hello Taco Bell flashback!), which are really fun to make with your kids.
MORE ‘ZAA IDEAS:
Without further ado, here’s everything you’ll need to surprise your family with a scrumptious dinner.
There’s no rhyme or rhythm here… add whatever your little heart desires for toppings. I’m a big sucker for pesto, so I simply mixed it with ricotta for dollops of herbal bliss. Another fun garnish would be fresh figs with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and fresh arugula.
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet, thawed
- 1 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1.5 cups Mozzarella or Fontina, grated
- 1 cup Ricotta
- ¼ cup Pesto + more for drizzle
- 1 cup (or more) Pepperoni
- Freshly grated Parmesan (as desired), for garnish
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place thawed puff pastry on the baking sheet and top evenly with desired toppings. I like to finish the uncooked pizza with a drizzle of pesto to add to the presentation (+ it's pretty tasty). Make sure to leave a boarder around the edges so a crust forms.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is starting to brown.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan and optional red pepper flakes.
- Enjoy immediately.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- If you would like to use both sheets of puff pastry to double the recipe, simply place them side by side on the baking sheet or use two baking sheets. Cooking time may increase slightly.
- I used mini pepperoni, but you can easily substitute with regular sized.
- Store any leftover in the refrigerator, covered, and enjoy within 2 days.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER: