Are you in search of a life-changing Crunchwrap Supreme recipe? Look no further my friends, I’ve got you covered. It ticks all the boxes: Easy? You betcha! Mouth-watering saucy goodness? Uh-huh. Cheesy, crunchy all-around deliciousness? Of. Freakin’. Course.
The star of this recipe has got to be the ground beef. It’s simmered in the most well-balanced enchilada sauce you’ll ever find in a jar. A total game-changer. It’s smokey, has a nice balance of spice and pleases the masses with quality ingredients. The flavor is truly authentic and bold.
Make sure to satisfy all your fiesta frills by checking out my Avocado Stuffed Mexican Flautas, this Mexican Pizza, and these traditional Rojo + Verde Enchiladas.
BUILDING THE ULTIMATE CRUNCHWRAP SUPREME RECIPE:
Layering is key when it comes to this recipe. Soft tortillas set the base, followed by cheese, ground beef, onion, crunchy lettuce and tomatoes. I threw a veggie or two in there for good measure. 😉 The finishing touch? The backbone of the Crunchwrap – a hearty tostada shell. Fold it all together, bake, and devour. Who needs fast food when you can make this masterpiece at home?
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Ground Beef
- Sweet White Onion
- Red Chile 505 Enchilada Sauce
- Unsalted Butter
- Burrito-Size Flour Tortillas
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Tostada Shells
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Sour Cream, Cilantro, and Fresh Jalapenos for garnish
This sheet pan masterpiece is the best thing for when you need an easy weeknight dinner or something to satisfy a crowd. No slaying over a stove for individual servings… this is a hands-off, bake-and-serve situation. Go ahead and use your extra time to sip on these Strawberry Margaritas! Hola added bonus!
UNIQUE TOPPERS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
Easy Guacamole Recipe with Mago and Jicama
Authentic Restaurant Style Salsa
Unbelievably Refreshing Strawberry Mango Pico de Gallo
CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL RECIPES
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- ½ Sweet White Onion, minced
- 1 cup Red Chile 505 Enchilada Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted Butter, softened
- 9 Burrito-Size Flour Tortillas
- 3 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 6 Tostada Shells
- Non-stick Cooking Spray, as needed
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Fresh Jalapenos, for garnish (and/or hot sauce)
- Saute the ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until browned, about 8 - 10 minutes. Drain, if necessary, and then add the enchilada sauce. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend and the sauce to thicken.
- Butter a sheet pan with softened butter. Make sure to go all the way to the edges.
- Place 1 tortilla in the middle of the sheet pan and then line six tortillas along the sides, slightly overlapping and overhanging along the edges.
- Evenly layer the cheese, ground beef mixture, shredded lettuce, and diced tomatoes on the tortillas.
- Layer the tostada shells on top and then cover with the remaining two flour tortillas in the middle. Gently fold the overhanging edges of the bottom tortillas over the top tortillas and press down. Spray the top of the folded tortillas with non-stick cooking spray and cover with a second baking sheet. Place a cast-iron skillet on top and bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cast iron and top baking sheet. Bake for an additional 8 minutes, or until the tortillas have browned on top.
- Remove the browned crunch wraps from the oven, slice, and enjoy immediately with desired garnishes.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- I like to use 80/20 ground beef in this recipe, as it’s more flavorful. If you prefer a leaner grade, or even ground chicken… that will work as well.
- I always recommend shredding your own cheese. Trust me, it’s worth it. Plus you get a little arm workout! 🙂
- If you can’t find tostada shells, feel free to substitute with crunchy taco shells (make sure to break them in half), tortilla chips, or even nacho flavored Doritos!
This post is sponsored by 505 Southwestern. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend an ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
Leave a Reply