These Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts are taken to the next level with bang bang sauce. Creamy, crispy, spicy and totally addicting.
I abosolutely LOVE bang bang sauce. It’s incredibly easy to make and tastes phenomenal with grilled chicken, on these veggie-packed shrimp bowls and works wonders with potatoes.
Other popular recipes that you might enjoy include my Spicy Peruvian Green Sauce, Alabama White Sauce or my In-n-Out Copycat Burger Sauce.
WATCH ME MAKE THESE ON THE GRAM
WHAT IS BANG BANG SAUCE:
This velvety condiment is the perfect mix of sweet and spicy with a nice creamy finish. It’s made with really simple ingredients… simply whisk them together with a fork or spoon!
- Chili-Garlic Sauce
- Lemon Juice
- Cayenne Pepper
- Salt + Pepper
If you’re sensitive to heat, you could substitute the cayenne pepper with smoked paprika. It modifies the taste a smidge, but the end result is still super delicious. Sometimes I also like to add a teaspoon of garlic powder.
WHY I LOVE AIR FRYER BRUSSEL SPROUTS:
Vegetables in the air fryer are my jam! Lightly coated in panko bread crumbs, these Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts will be your favorite new snack or side dish. After 10 minutes of cooking, these little morsels come out perfectly crisp on the exterior and tender in the middle. You’ll find yourself popping them into your mouth one-after-another until POOF… all gone.
I used an equal mix of panko bread crumbs and Pork Panko in this recipe. I met the folks behind Pork Panko at a food show last year and they graciously sent me a case to play around with. If you’re practicing keto, I definitely recommend checking them out.
OTHER AIR FRYER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Garlic Cheddar Air Fryer Drop Biscuits
Parmesan Air Fryer Fried Pickles
The Juiciest Air Fryer Fried Chicken Bites
How To Make Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Our Ultimate Guide For Air Fryer Chickpeas
Sweet And Spicy Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
Pickle Juice Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli
Classic Air Fryer Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwiches
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha
- ¼ cup Chili-Garlic Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 2 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. Brussel Sprouts
- ¼ cup Bang Bang Sauce
- ½ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Whisk together all ingredients for the Bang Bang Sauce and set aside.
- Trim the ends off the Brussel sprouts and cut in half. Remove outer leaves, if necessary. Place all Brussel sprouts in a large bowl.
- Drizzle Brussel sprouts with ¼ cup of the Bang Bang Sauce and gently mix until coated.
- Pour panko bread crumbs over the Brussel sprouts and gently mix again until each half is slightly coated.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F. Divide Brussel spouts in an even layer among both cooking racks. Air fry for 5 minutes, swap the racks and air fry for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with leftover Bang Bang Sauce.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- This recipe was written using my Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer. Times and temperatures may vary using other brands of air fryers. Since my air fryer has double-racks, I do not need to flip or shake the ingredients. If you are using a basket, you may need to do so.
- Want to make these in the oven? Preheat oven to 450F and follow directions up to step 4. Then place all Brussel sprouts in an even layer on a prepared baking sheet. Bake on the center rack for 25 minutes.
- Store any leftover Bang Bang Sauce in the refrigerator, covered, and use within 3 days.
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
Leave a Reply