This post is sponsored in partnership with Tuttorosso Tomatoes. You can also find this recipe on their blog by clicking here. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend a product or ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!
A rich, flavorful pizza sauce recipe can be whipped together with just a few swirls of a spoon. Perfect for any type of ‘zaa you’re craving.
With two growing boys, I find myself making pizza at least once a week. Heck, sometimes we even enjoy it for breakfast. Whether you’re making a sharable appetizer for your next gathering or a cheesy twist with your favorite fried chicken, pizza will always satisfy the masses.
Let me just start out by saying that this recipe is “lick the spoon” good. It all comes together with perfectly ripe tomatoes, fresh garlic, dried herbs and a drizzle of olive oil. Not only do I use it on pizza, but it’s also grand on grilled cheese sandwiches, meatball subs, used as a base for soup or you can smear some on the top of meatloaf. Talk about versatile.
BEST QUALITY TOMATOES YOU CAN SEE AND TASTE:
Tuttorosso’s mission is to provide the freshest, best tasting tomato products on the market. Their vine-ripened tomatoes contain no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. This recipe features their tomato sauce and paste, both of which I highly recommend.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE:
- Olive oil
- Garlic Cloves
- Dried Basil
- Dried Oregano
- Tuttorosso® Tomato Sauce
- Tuttorosso® Tomato Paste
- Black Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
OTHER TOMATO-FOCUSED RECIPES:
This is one of my go-to, all-purpose red sauces. It really takes any recipe to the next level. I receive a sense of accomplishment and personal fulfillment from the experience of cooking
with Tuttorosso Tomatoes. Here are a few other recipes you can make with this pizza sauce recipe.
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 15 ounce can Tuttorosso® Tomato Sauce
- 6 ounce can Tuttorosso® Tomato Paste
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ⅛ tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl with small wire whip. Mix well to ensure sauce is smooth and tomato paste is fully mixed in.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour to allow flavors to fully develop.
- Use immediately or keep covered in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- If you only have fresh herbs on hand, those work too! Just remember the rule: ratio is one tablespoon of fresh herbs to one teaspoon of dried herbs.
- When making a Detroit or Chicago Style Pizza, I tend to use the entire batch of sauce. However, use as much or as little as your little heart desires.
- The sauce can also be frozen for up to 6 months. I like to use a quart-sized freezer bag and freeze it flat. To reheat, simply tear open the freezer bag and empty the sauce into a sauce pot over low heat. Stir often, until heated through.