If you want to make something warm and comforting on game day, look no further than this Irish Beer Cheese Dip. Enjoy with pretzel bites, veggies or chips!
Could there be anything more satisfying than a recipe that’s made with your favorite beer, multiple cheeses and spices? When it comes to entertaining, I’m a HUGE fan of dips. Whether it be my Irish Pub Cheese, Spinach & Artichoke Hot Crab Dip or this Better Than Trader Joes Black Bean Dip. I’ll take a tablescape of them all!
BEST BREW FOR BEER CHEESE DIP:
Honestly, this is where you can sway from the recipe a bit! Any type of beer will do the trick, so go ahead and use your favorite! If you want to stick to the Irish theme, I’d opt for Guinness (which is what I had on hand). Darker beers, like stouts and malts, will create a somewhat bitter flavor. Lighter beers, like ale’s or IPA’s, will produce a lighter kind of finish. Either one works… it’s really up to your own personal preference!
HOW TO PICK THE RIGHT CHEESE:
I use a blend of cheeses here, as I feel that it makes the final results more flavorful. I typically opt for a mix of extra sharp cheddar, Swiss and Monterey Jack. Any cheese will do in this recipe, just make sure to keep a balance of tangy and smooth and you’ll be just fine. Go ahead, get creative! I can’t wait to hear what you come up with!
Make sure to tag me on Instagram! 😉
OTHER APPETIZERS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Crispy Cheesy Dill Pickle Chips
Avocado Stuffed Mexican Flautas
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Habanero-Garlic African Pepper Sauce
My Grandma’s Super Easy Recipe For Bierocks
VIEW ALL RECIPES BY CLICKING HERE!
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter
- ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely minced
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp. Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp. Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- ⅔ cup Guinness (or beer of choice)
- 1 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- ½ cup Shredded Swiss
- 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack
- Pretzel Bites, Tortilla Chips or Veggies, for serving
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and finely minced garlic. Sauté for 1 minute and then add the seasonings and brown mustard. Slowly pour-in the milk and beer, while continuously whisking.
- Continue to cook until thickened and bubbling. Reduce heat to low and fold in the shredded cheeses.
- Once melted, serve immediately with desired dippers.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- Please shred your own cheese for this recipe. It really makes a difference, I promise. Pre-shredded cheeses have anti-caking ingredients included so the final results will not be as creamy as when you shred your own.
- Want to make this ahead and keep warm for later? No problem! Simply keep on the stovetop on low heat, covered, or transfer to a small crockpot on low. It’ll keep, I promise! Just make sure to mix it well before serving.
- Would you like to use this with a main dish instead of an appetizer? I suggest serving it with grilled sausages on a toasty baguette or as a topping on burgers.
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
Leave a Reply