These oven roasted potatoes utilize the Baby Dutch variety, which are creamy, naturally buttery, and stay fluffy when baked. They’re the ultimate side dish for breakfast, lunch, dinner, holidays, cookouts, you name it! Everyone loves ’em.
If you’ve taken a gander at my blog or social channels, you already know I’m a big tater fan. You can jazz them up in so many ways… which is always fun. These here I’d call my “every day” potatoes. They seriously go with anything!
Are you a spud-lover like me? Make sure to check out my Super Comforting Potato and Leek Soup, these Shredded Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, and this Cheesy Potato Casserole with Plum Tomatoes. Oh, and my Grandma June’s Cheesy Potatoes have extremely popular this past week, so make sure to check those out too!
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE:
Before you start prepping everything, you’ll need a large mixing bowl and greased baking tray. I like to cut my potatoes in half, but you can also leave them whole if they’re really tiny or that’s your preference. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Baby Dutch Potatoes
- Salt + Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Rosemary + Thyme
- Garlic Clove
- Italian Parsley
NOTE: When you cut the potatoes in half, place them on the baking tray cut side down. They’ll create this unbelievably flavorful crust on the cut side end that’s oh-so-yummy.
CAN YOU PREP THESE AHEAD OF TIME?
From my own personal experience, this is kinda like a yes and no question. As for reheating, this is a hard no… as they won’t come out as crispy and fluffy as they would fresh from the oven. Can you chop your herbs and measure out the other ingredients an hour or two beforehand? You ‘betcha! Then when you’re ready to bake, simply cut the potatoes and mix with the remaining ingredients that you already prepped.
WHAT OTHER SEASONINGS GO WELL WITH THIS?
I like to keep things simple with fresh rosemary, thyme, and parsley. However, you could alternatively sprinkle these with blackening seasoning, chili powder, or whatever your little heart desires. Just make sure to not forget the olive oil, salt, and pepper!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH OVEN ROASTED POTATOES:
BREAKFAST & BRUNCH:
LUNCH & DINNER:
- 1.5 lbs. Baby Dutch Potatoes, cut in half
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Fresh Thyme, finely hopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan
- Italian Parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the potatoes, herbs, and garlic clove. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl (except for the Italian Parsley) until the potatoes are well coated.
- Place the seasoned potatoes, cut side down, on a large baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the cut side down is crispy.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
NOTES FOR THIS RECIPE:
- While I prefer to roast these with olive oil, you could also use canola, safflower, vegetable, grapeseed, or avocado oil instead.
- Baby Dutch potatoes primarily are the same size, but some are smaller than others. I like to cut the normal sized ones in half and leave the smaller ones whole.
- Leftovers should be refrigerated in an airtight container and consumed within 2 days. I honestly like them cold inside a salad. If you must reheat, I suggest reheating in the air fryer or oven, as the microwave will make them soft.
PIN THIS FOR LATER: