When it comes to cooking a juicy, succulent, tender, and flavorful meal, I highly recommend this yogurt marinated chicken for maximum flavor! Savory with a little bit of heat, give it a try… this recipe will soon become a weekday favorite at home. I promise. 😉
We eat chicken at our house at least 4 – 5 days per week, so I’m always trying out different ways to serve it up! If you’re a poultry-family like ours, you’ll want to check out my Extra Crispy Lemon Pepper Chicken Cutlets, this Healthy Chicken Salad with Apples, and these Cheese Stuffed Pizza Ground Chicken Meatballs! Want more chicken ideas? No worries, I’ll link some more below!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
I like to serve this chicken in grain bowls… but you can also use it in wraps, with salads, or even on top of pizza!
- Springer Mountain Farms Chicken Breasts
- 2% Greek Yogurt
- Smoked Paprika
- Ground Coriander
- Garlic Cloves
- Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper
If you prefer to make this a spicier version, you can certainly add some Cayenne Powder, finely diced jalapeños, or a shake of your favorite hot sauce to the marinade.
GRAIN BOWL OPTIONS:
I used the following items to create my bowl, but feel free to get creative with what you enjoy most or whatever you have on hand. There’s no rules here, bring on the flavor!
FOR THE CUCUMBER RELISH:
- English Cucumber
- Red Bell Pepper
- Lemon Juice
- Fresh Dill
FOR THE GRAIN BOWL:
- Shredded Green Leaf Lettuce
- Green Goddess Yogurt
- Tumeric Tahini Dressing
- Crumbled Pita Chips
- Fresh Herbs
- Sesame Seeds
If you need some ideas for alternative options, here ya go! Lettuce: Romaine, arugula, or mixed greens. Grains: pearled couscous, brown rice, barley, or millet. Cheese: Queso fresco, shredded Monterey Jack, fresh mozzarella, or provolone. Sauces: Chipotle garlic aioli, herbed vinaigrette, tzatziki, lemon herb aioli, or chimichurri. Fresh Herbs: Italian Parsley, Dill, Mint and / or Thyme.
MORE CLUCKIN’ RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
- 1.5 lbs. Springer Mountain Farms Chicken Breasts
- ⅓ cup 2% Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp. Turmeric
- 1 tbsp. Ground Coriander
- 5 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. Chopped Chives
- 2 tbsp. Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Salt + 1 tsp. Pepper
- Mix all Ingredients together in a large bowl. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for at least 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Arrange the marinated chicken on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, making sure to flip halfway through.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- If needed, the chicken can marinate in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours in advance.
- To assemble as a grain bowl: add your favorite grains, lettuce, fresh vegetables (bell pepper, cucumber, shallots, tomato), feta, herbs, crushed pita chips, and desired sauces to a large bowl. Top with cooked chicken and enjoy!
- Any leftover chicken should be kept in an air-tight container, refrigerated, and consumed within 2 days. I prefer to consume the leftovers cold in a wrap or salad.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Springer Mountain Farms. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend a product or ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!