Summer is just around the corner so let’s celebrate with colorful veggies, farmers markets and gardening.
The fresh produce during the summer months is so amazing, make sure to enjoy it while it lasts!
Speaking of farmers markets… I’ll be demoing at the Davidson Farmers Market on 05.20.17, so make sure to stop by and say hello.
I’d have to say, one of my favorite vegetables is the Bell Pepper. They are so versatile and can be used in so many dishes. I honestly could eat them on a daily basis, no joke. Bell Peppers compliment the flavors of a variety of ingredients from Hummus to Sausages.
Today, we are focusing on the latter half.
After a busy day at the office, I am looking for a dinner that’s quick, flavorful and minimal clean-up. This one-sheet ensemble is ultra delicious on it’s own, stuffed in a hoagie, or piled on top of a bowl of freshly made Zucchini Noodles (aka Low Carb Heaven).
ONE-SHEET SAUSAGE, PEPPERS + ONIONS
- 4 Sausages of Choice, chopped into smaller slices (I used Cajan Chicken Sausage, Polish Sausage goes well too)
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Sweet White Onion, thinly sliced
- Olive Oil, as needed
- Sesame Seeds, garnish (We always use Bob’s Red Mill Sesame Seeds)
- Fresh Cilantro, garnish
- Lemon Slices, for serving
- Sriracha, for serving
Optional (yet tasty) Bonus: Mix together 1 cup good red wine (choose a wine you would drink), 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar & 1/4 cup Oil. Mix in at Step #6.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with Aluminum Foil.
- Slice Sausages & Vegetables and place them into the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with S+P and drizzle with Olive Oil.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove sheet from oven and stir, making sure to move all items around (this ensures everything browns evenly). Optional: Add Wine mix mentioned in the ingredients list at this step.
- Cook for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, plate and enjoy immediately.
Note: I served ours over white rice (for him) and on top of Zucchini Noodles (for me).
The Lemon is EVERYTHING here, make sure to squeeze on top of entree before eating.
Why is my lemon missing the rind? I like to have a cocktail while cooking and I used the rind to garnish my Beefeater Gin Martini. 🙂
See STEP-BY-STEP Photos Below.
‘STEP-BY-STEP (day by day)’ Directions with Photos:
(Did anyone else watch that show as a kid?)
These are raw, unedited photos from when I was prepping our meal. They have not been enhanced to “look pretty”, but are simply on here for those of you who enjoy photos of each step of the way. Enjoy!
Preheat oven to 400F & line a rimmed baking sheet with Aluminum Foil.
Slice Sausages & Vegetables and place them into the baking sheet.
Sprinkle with S+P and drizzle with Olive Oil and then mix it up.
Cook for 20 minutes.
Remove sheet from oven and stir, making sure to move all items around (this ensures everything browns evenly).
Optional: Add Wine mix mentioned in the ingredients list at this step.
Cook for another 20 minutes & remove from oven.
Plate and enjoy immediately.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW. MAKE SURE TO CONNECT WITH US ON PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK! CHEERS, FRIENDS! 🙂