We are having our mid-week blues and Dylan is refusing everything I give him to eat. Must be teething because normally he loves, loves, loves my recipes. Peas. The ideal finger food, right? Not in our house! Dylan still refuses to eat peas. So how do I get him to like what I serve him? By mixing it up and giving him all different varieties until he eventually likes the hidden ingredient I’m trying to disguise! As many of you know, I like to utilize his naptime for recipe testing. I’m thinking the next item I try to hide peas in will be some sort of homemade falafel or veggie burger. Doesn’t that sound tasty? Happy hump day!
- 1 cup frozen Sweet Peas, thawed or steamed & cooled
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- Juice of half a Lemon (about ¼ cup)
- 3-4 Basil leaves
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp Feta (or Cojita works too)
- 1-2 tbsp Yogurt (I use Greek Yogurt)
- 3 tbsp Water (or you can use Olive Oil)
- Put everything in the food processor and pulse until smooth. About one minute.
- I like to serve this as a dip for chicken or vegetables, a condiment for eggs, on a sandwich with hummus, mixed into cottage cheese for a snack, served with pita bread for an appetizer or simply on its own with a spoon.