One thing I’ve noticed since Dylan has sparked an interest in anything and everything I eat… is the need for “family” meals that everyone can enjoy. Especially Dylan… who only has three teeth. The last thing I want to do is spend my whole night in the kitchen prepping two separate meals! My little crawler is zooming all over the house and when it comes to meal-time, he is ready to eat, eat, eat! Complex carbs provide him with the energy he needs to keep chasing our dog, picking up anything in sight, and exploring every nook and kranny of our home. Lasagna has always had a warm and fuzzy spot in my heart (along with all Italian and Mexican meals), so I wanted to introduce it to our son early on… that way, we enjoy the same foods and I can make ONE family meal that we all love. Hope you and your family enjoy it as well!
- ½ lb Ground Turkey
- ½ Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1 lb Broccoli Florets
- 2 Jars of Pasta Sauce (16 ounce jars)
- No-Cook Lasagna Noodles (16 ounce package)
- 16 ounces Ricotta
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella
- Brown the Turkey and Onions over medium heat, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Steam your Broccoli (either on the stove or buy the microwave “steam in a bag” broccoli)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine Ricotta, Parmesan, and Egg until smooth.
- Spread ½ cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish. Cover with a layer of noodles. Spread ⅓ of the Ricotta mixture over noodles, then sprinkle ⅓ of the meat mixture and ⅓ of the broccoli. Cover with a layer of sauce and then noodles again. Repeat two more times and then top the whole dish with your remaining Sauce and Mozzarella.
- Cover with a greased foil sheet and Bake for 45 minutes. Take foil off at 35 minutes so the cheese has an opportunity to brown slightly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into it. Enjoy!
- Add-in ideas: Shaved Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Italian Sausage, Chopped Basil, Spinach Garlic, Olives... the possibilities are endless! Add whatever you and your family enjoys!