Today, we’re making crispy air fryer fried pickles! These bad boys are dipped in egg wash, then coated in a delicious mix of grated parmesan and panko. YUM. I’ve also included a video from my Instagram IGTV for easy-peasy visual directions!
I’ll be first to admit that I’m head-over-heels in love with my air fryer. I practically use it on the daily… and it looks like ya’ll are too! Air Fryer recipes have been blowing up on my Pinterest, so I figured I’d create some more (and give the people what they want 🙂 ).
Fried pickles are kind-of my weakness. Chips or spears, I’ll take them all. If I’m ordering an appetizer at a restaurant, I definitely lean towards these bad boys. Crunchy, tangy, and usually served with some sort of delicious sauce… swoon!
OTHER AIR FRYER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Garlic Cheddar Air Fryer Drop Biscuits
How To Make Air Fryer Potato Wedges
The Ultimate Guide For Air Fryer Chickpeas
Sweet And Spicy Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
Pickle Juice Air Fryer Broccoli Bites
I’ve been on a low carb kick lately, so when I met Bacon’s Heir at the Winter Fancy Food Show, I was immediately intrigued. They make a panko breadcrumb alternative, which is basically crushed up pork rinds. Say what? Would that really work as a substitution in recipes? They sent me a few bottles to try at home, and now I’m completely addicted.
MORE DROOL-WORTHY SNACK IDEAS:
BBQ Hawaiian Slow Cooker Meatballs
Banh Mi Sheet Pan Nachos With Fresh Herbs
The Tastiest Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Can you use traditional panko bread crumbs in this recipe? Of course! The measurements are exactly the same, so go ahead and make the swap if you prefer. I’ve made these both ways and they’re equally delicious.
WATCH ME MAKE THESE LIVE ON THE GRAM!
- 32 oz. Hamburger Dill Pickle Chips
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Pork Panko or Panko Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan
- Place pickle slices between layers of paper towels and pat them dry. This will help the egg wash and breading to stick to them.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Mix together your choice of panko crumbs and parmesan in a medium sized bowl.
- Dip pickle chips into the eggs and then toss them in the Panko-parmesan crumbs. Set coated pickle chip on your air fryer rack and repeat with the remaining pickles.
- Crank your air fryer up to 400F and air fry the pickles for 7 - 10 minutes, making sure to rotate the racks halfway through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- Depending on which air fryer you have, you may have to cook these in batches. I used the Instant Pot Vortex for this recipe, however, if you have a different model cooking times may differ.
- If you only have whole pickles on hand, go ahead and slice them into 1/4-inch thick slices. I just chose to buy the pickle chips because it saves me this one extra step. Please note: this recipe has been tested for pickle chips only, not spears.
- Are you a fan of heat? Add 1 tsp. cayenne pepper to the breadcrumb mixture or swirl a little of your favorite hot sauce into the eggs. You can also add a shake of garlic powder for extra yumminess.
- I suggest serving these with my Alabama White Sauce. So, so good.
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
When you say grated parmesan, do you mean the kind we sprinkle on pizza or like finely shredded (but they call it grated).
Grated parmesan, like the kind you sprinkle on pizza. 🙂 For the best flavor, I’d skip the green can and get freshly grated from your grocery’s cheese department. However, both work in this recipe. Hope you enjoy!