Here’s a bright and refreshing salad that embraces the tasty marriage between crisp vegetables and tangy vinaigrette. These colorful bowls are jam-packed with crunchy greens, sweet carrots and a light dressing that’s to die for. You’ll LOVE this dish, I promise!
Psst: This recipe is Paleo + Whole30 friendly too!
We’re in the middle of the humid Carolina summer, and I’m feeling very pregnant. I’ve gotten to the point where I ask myself on a daily basis: how am I going to escape this heat?! Insert crisp (and cool) summer salads here.
30-week Bump Update: Things have improved and are looking better with each check-up! Originally, we had planned for me to be hospitalized by now… and stay there for the remainder of my third trimester (you can read more about our journey here). However, my doctor’s just gave us the fantastic news that I can actually stay home for a few more weeks. Hip-Hip-Hooray!!
There’s no better way to celebrate than with fresh summer produce, am I right? Did you see my Grilled Peach Salad with Balsamic Vinegar? Yum.
Here you’ll find the base ingredients for the most delicious Cabbage Salad ever.
I swear – I’m not exaggerating – it’s one of my most-requested recipes! I honestly can’t believe I haven’t shared it on my blog until now. Whoops. Take this basic recipe to the next level by adding a few items from my suggested enhancements below.
Add one or two ingredients from the list below… or you can be like me and try adding them all! Either way, it’ll be a delicious feast.
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 fresh Jalapeño, seeded & diced
- 1/2 small Red Onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp. Sesame Seeds
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1 cup fresh Mango or Pineapple, chopped
- 1 Cucumber, sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 stalks of Celery, chopped
ADD SOME PROTEIN:
Elevate this side-dish to entree status! Double the salad dressing recipe and use half of it as a marinade! Boom… easy-peasy.
- Grilled Chicken, Steak or Shrimp
- Marinated Tofu (flavor tip: bake the tofu after it marinates)
- Oven-Roasted Salmon
- 1 tsp. Ginger, grated
- 1 Garlic Clove, grated
- 2 tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp. Liquid Aminos (sub coconut aminos for Paleo + Whole30)
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Sriracha (sub with Whole30 Sriracha or omit, if needed)
- 1 tbsp. Honey (omit if Whole30)
- ½ tsp. Salt + ½ tsp. White Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Cabbage, shredded (mix of green + purple is prettiest)
- 2 cups Romaine, shredded
- 1 Carrot, grated
- ¼ cup sliced Almonds
- Optional: ¼ cup Fried Wonton Strips (omit if Paleo + Whole30)
- Shake all Ginger Vinaigrette ingredients together in a small mason jar (or whisk in a small bowl).
- Prepare all veggies and toss together in a large serving bowl.
- Add any additional ingredients you'd prefer (check out my post recommendations).
- Gently mix the salad together with your desired amount of dressing and enjoy immediately.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER:
Leave a Reply