These vegan stuffed mushrooms are filled with a hearty mix of plant-based ground, walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and herbs, then baked until toasty. They’re a wonderful snack to have on hand for the upcoming holidays.
When it comes to family gatherings, I’m all about the appetizers! Whether it be my Air Fryer Fried Pickles, Irish Pub Cheese or Pimento Cheese… I’m here for it all. My dad is vegan, so I always try to have a fulfilling appetizer on the table for his noshing pleasure. Introducing, these Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms!
I can’t remember a holiday party in the past without stuffed mushrooms.
They’re easy enough to prep and they tend to come off a little fancier than other appetizers. I’m a huge fan of a protein-packed recipe to help guests stay satisfied throughout the day… so I’m filling these caps with Ozo’s plant-based ground (which has a whopping 22 grams of protein). They also make a Mexican seasoned ground, which would work wonderfully in this recipe as well.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN STUFFED MUSHROOMS:
First, you’ll start by cleaning and removing the stems from the mushroom caps. Use a damp paper towel to wipe the mushroom caps clean and then carefully remove the stems. Depending on how many stuffed shrooms you’ll want to make, you can either chop these up and sauté them with the plant-based ground or save them for another recipe.
Next, make the filling. Sauté the plant-based ground in a dab of olive oil. While the ground is sautéing, preheat the oven to 400F and chop up the remaining ingredients for the filling. Once browned, mix all the stuffing ingredients together in the sauté pan.
Once each mushroom is filled to the brim, drizzle each one with olive oil and sprinkle with salt + pepper, if desired. Don’t worry if some of the stuffing falls out to the side, totally ok! They get crispy when cooking and I personally enjoy the bits as little treats while I am plating. 🙂 Ok, I admit it. Sometimes I’m messy on purpose.
OTHER VEGGIE APPETIZERS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- 12 oz. OZO Plant-Based Ground
- 12 - 18 Cremini Mushrooms, stemmed
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil + more for drizzling
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup Vegan Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup Vegan Parmesan + sprinkle before cooking
- ¼ cup chopped Sun-dried Tomatoes
- ⅓ cup chopped Italian Parsley + more for garnish
- 1 tbsp. Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup Seasoned Panko Breadcrumbs
- Sauté the plant-based ground and add garlic during the last minute. Once cooked, mix together with the vegan cream cheese, walnuts, vegan parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes, Italian parsley, red pepper flakes and panko breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 400F, wash and stem the mushrooms. Place them, cavity side up, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spoon the filling into each mushroom cap, top with additional vegan parmesan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender. Garnish with chopped Italian Parsley and serve immediately.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- I personally stuffed 12 mushrooms with the recipe above. If you’d like to fill closer to 18 mushrooms, chop up the stems and sauté them with the plant-based ground. I’d also add an additional 1/4 cup Vegan Cream Cheese.
- Make sure to chop all stuffing ingredients very well… this way you can ensure that each bite has a little bit of everything.
- Stuffed mushrooms are so much more than just appetizers. Serve them with mashed potatoes, a hearty salad or on the side of mac & cheese.
This post is sponsored by OZO Foods. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend an ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!