When the cool weather rolls in, keep yourself warm with this comforting Sweet Potato Chili recipe. Jam packed with flavor, this dinner recipe will become a family favorite in no time.
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled & chopped into small cubes
- ½ lb. Ground Beef (or Turkey), cooked & drained
- 1 Sweet Onion, chopped
- ½ cup Frozen Corn
- 1 (14 oz.) can Black Beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (14 oz.) can Chili Beans, do not drain
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (4.5 oz.) can diced Green Chilies
- 2½ cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. Ground Cumin
- S+P to taste
- Olive Oil, as needed
- Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
- Diced Avocado
- Lime Wedges
- Diced Jalapenos
- Sliced Radishes
- Preheat oven to 425; in a medium size bowl, mix Sweet Potatoes cubes with a dab of olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast until tender. About 20 minutes. Once cooked, set aside.
- Sauté the ground beef & onion for about 10 minutes in a large pot or Dutch oven. Drain, if necessary after browned. Next add the garlic and sauté for one minute. Stirring constantly.
- Pour in the frozen corn, beans, tomatoes, green chilies, chicken broth and cumin. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Cover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once simmered, uncover and fold in sweet potatoes. Allow flavors to simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with desired toppings.
If you are looking for an instant pot version, click here!
Photos for this recipe were updated in February 2019.