This Chicken Sausage Chili can be thrown together in 20 minutes. Loaded with beans, tomatoes, and green chilies – it’s a fantastic choice from our quick dinner recipes series.
It’s been a busy month and I’m finally getting the hang of having two kids. Raising a toddler is a massive handful… so naturally I was a little uneasy about how I would juggle a three-year-old AND a newborn. It’s been an adjustment, but we have found our groove and I couldn’t be happier to be a boy mama.
Every parent needs a couple of quick dinner recipes in their back pocket to choose from.
Staying on track with our preschool camp schedule, newborn doctor’s appointments and my freelance work has proven the need for this type of meal at the end of the day. Therefore, I’ve decided to start a recipe series with dinners that take 30 minutes or less. Hooray! For easy search reference, these ensembles will all be labeled (you guessed it) quick dinner recipes.
I absolutely love this time of year.
The leaves are changing, the weather is transitioning to cooler temperatures and fall-flavors are in full swing. I served our chili with a few of these Sage-tastic Savory Waffles that I created for That’s Tasty. To say that they were a match-made-in-heaven is an understatement. The sweetness of the apple-chicken sausages paired with woodsy sage and savory cornbread tasted phenomenal.
- 4 Apple-Chicken Sausages, chopped
- 1 Sweet Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 (15.ounce) can of Black Beans in Seasoned Sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can of Chili Beans in Spicy Sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can of Chopped Green Chilies
- Chicken Stock, as needed
- Chives, chopped
- Avocado, sliced
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
- Hot Sauce
- Sauté chicken sausage and onion in a large stock pot with olive oil over medium heat. Cook until browned, roughly 10 minutes. Add garlic and continue to sauté for one minute.
- Add beans, tomatoes, and chilies to the pot. Stir and add chicken stock until you've reached your desired consistency.
- Bring the entire pot to a boil, about six minutes.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings.
The next time you’ve got to get dinner on the table in a hurry, make sure to try this Hearty Chicken Sausage Chili! Be sure to check out these other delicious chili recipes too:
Whole30 Recipes: Turkey Chili over Baked Potatoes
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
Leave a Reply