Quick and easy to toss together, this Fresh Oregano Pesto Pasta Recipe is the ultimate weeknight indulgence. So bright and bold, it’ll be a guaranteed hit with the entire family.
I’m a big fan of revamping pasta night with unique ingredients, especially when it comes to pesto. Sure… a traditional basil recipe is great, but I love exploring the versatility of this classic pasta sauce.
Fresh Oregano is a distinct, powerhouse herb that every home chef should explore in their kitchen. In addition to pasta, pair it with eggs, chili, pizza, grilled meats or hearty casseroles.
This recipe was developed and photographed exclusively for That’s Tasty Pure Organic Flavor. If you’d like to learn more about our recipe development for food and beverage brands, please check out our Recipe Development tab. For additional tips and notes on this delicious recipe, please click here to be taken to That’s Tasty’s blog.
- ½ cup Fresh Oregano Leaves, stems removed
- ¾ cup Pine-nuts
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Juice of One Lemon
- 2 tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper (about ½ tsp. each)
- Toast the pine-nuts in a skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant (about 3-4 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the first five ingredients until combined. Then slowly drizzle olive oil over the pesto mix while the machine is running. Puree until desired consistency, making sure to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Taste, then add salt and pepper as needed. Serve pesto over your favorite type of noodles and enjoy! Store leftover pesto in the refrigerator, covered, for up to a week.
OREGANO PESTO PASTA NOTES:
- We will often add chicken to this recipe for a good dose of protein. Pesto and chicken compliment each other incredibly well.
- Not a noodle fan? Not a problem! Serve this pesto with grilled meats, veggies, or poured over cream cheese with crackers.
- Speaking of cream cheese, add a dollop to the pot when mixing the pesto together with freshly cooked pasta. It’s so creamy and delish!
- We will often get fancy by garnishing our plates with lemon zest and additional grated parmesan. It’s also super tasty with red pepper flakes.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
PIN THIS FOR LATER: