Layers of crunchy chicken, ham, melty Swiss cheese, and a drizzle of garlic-dijon sauce… you gotta try these Cordon Bleu Chicken Bites!
Once football season comes around, I automatically switch over to appetizer mode on the weekends. We love to entertain… so I’m always coming up with fun little bites and dips to serve at our next gathering. Impress your guests with these little gems right here; they’re actually quite easy to put together. To create the most delicious party spread, serve them alongside my Air Fryer Crack Chicken Egg Rolls, these Kimchi Burger Sliders with Gochujang Chili Mayo, and this Hatch Chile Mexican Street Corn Dip!
INGREDIENTS FOR Cordon Bleu Chicken Bites:
This idea actually came together with simple items that I always have on hand. They turned out so incredibly flavorful, I know you and your guests are going to be smitten with them!
FOR THE BITES:
- Springer Mountain Farms Chicken Chunks (my son’s favorite!)
- Deli Honey Ham Slices
- Swiss Cheese
- Italian Parsley
HOMEMADE GARLIC-DIJON DRIZZLE:
- Heavy Cream
- Dijon Mustard
- Garlic Powder
- Grated Parmesan
- Salt + Pepper
I like to place my sauce in a squeeze bottle and drizzle it over the bites. However, you could also serve it in a bowl on the side for dipping. Either way works!
Seriously, this appetizer isn’t just for football parties. Enjoy them any time you’re in the mood for a tasty snack or even serve them as your main entree with a side of mashed potatoes. What are some of your favorite appetizers to eat or take to parties? Make sure to let me know in the comments below so I can give them a try!
MORE APPETIZER IDEAS:
- 12 Springer Mountain Farms Chicken Chunks
- 4 Deli Honey Ham Slices, cut into squares
- 4 Swiss Cheese Slices, cut into squares
- Italian Parsley, to garnish
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp. - 1.5 Dijon Mustard, to preference
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place the chicken chunks on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While they bake, whisk all ingredients together for the garlic-dijon drizzle and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Remove the chicken chunks from the oven and top each one with a few squares of ham and two squares of Swiss.
- Place the topped chicken chunks back in the oven for 5 - 7 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the bites from the oven and set on a serving platter. Drizzle with the garlic-dijon sauce and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Place a toothpick in each bite and serve immediately.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- If you prefer, feel free to swap the garlic powder with minced garlic. The texture will change slightly, but the flavor will still be amazing.
- Don’t have Swiss on hand? No problem! Go ahead and swap with whichever melty cheese you enjoy most.
- I don’t recommend making these ahead or freezing leftovers. You can store any leftovers in the fridge and reheat them in the oven or air fryer. They will need a new drizzle of sauce, but should hold up pretty well.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Springer Mountain Farms. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend a product or ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!