A get-together must-have. This Jalapeño Poppers Dip transforms the handheld version into a scoopable party app.
I’m all about the dips when hosting a party. Plated with some hearty tortilla chips, it’s the best thing to serve at any gathering. Other favorites include Hatch Chile Mexican Street Corn Dip, this Irish Beer Cheese Dip, and my Better Than Trader Joes Black Bean Dip.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE:
Instead of breadcrumbs, I like to top mine with crushed cornflakes. The little hint of sweet pairs flawlessly with the spicy, savory center.
FOR THE DIP:
- Softened Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Sharp Cheddar
- Springer Mountain Farms Chicken Thigh
- Crumbled Bacon
- Fresh Jalapeños
- Garlic Powder
- Grated Parmesan
- Crushed Cornflakes
- Tortilla Chips
Depending on the occasion, I sometimes serve this hot and sometimes serve it cold. Honestly, it tastes great both ways. It’s also a wonderful topper for grilled chicken sandwiches or even a fun spin to layer tacos, burritos, or quesadillas. Craving an Italian-fusion? Leftovers can be mixed with pasta or dolloped onto a pizza before baking. There are oodles of possibilities for this dip, so here is the base recipe! Have some fun with it.
SWAPS FOR JALAPEÑO POPPERS DIP:
SPICY LEVEL: You can certainly control the amount of heat that goes into this dish. Trade out the fresh jalapeños for a milder pickled version or scrape the seeds out of the fresh ones before adding to the cream cheese mixture.
YOGURT: Plain Greek yogurt is an excellent alternative to sour cream. It’s protein-packed and tastes very similar.
CRUNCHY TOPPING: Like I mentioned above, I prefer to use crushed cornflakes in this recipe. However, you could also swap them out for Panko or crushed Ritz Crackers.
CHICKEN: If you’d like to use chicken breasts or tenderloins instead of thighs, those taste yummy as well! Just make sure to shred the chicken after cooking so it blends well with the other ingredients.
SERVING: We like to plate ours with hearty tortilla chips, but you could also serve them with crisp veggies, bagel chips, crackers, or crostini.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
- 8 oz. Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella, shredded
- 1 Springer Mountain Farms Chicken Thigh, cooked and shredded
- 6 Cooked Bacon Slices, crumbled
- 3 Fresh Jalapeños, diced
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 cup Crushed Cornflakes
- 2 tbsp. Butter, cut into small cubes
- 5 Sprigs Chives, chopped
- Hearty Tortilla Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the dip in a large bowl.
- Transfer the dip to a greased 8x8 casserole dish. Layer with the crunchy topping ingredients, making sure to evenly spread the butter cubes around the dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Once the cornflakes are golden, remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped chives. Enjoy immediately.
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- You can make the dip portion up to a day in advance. Store in the refrigerator, covered, and sprinkle on the crunchy topping right before baking.
- I prefer to grill the chicken… but you could also cook it on the stovetop, in a pressure cooker, slow cooker, air fryer, or go traditional with oven baked.
- I like the flavor of the chives for a garnish. You could also use fresh Italian parsley, green onions, or cilantro.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Springer Mountain Farms. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend a product or ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!
PIN THIS FOR LATER: