There’s nothing more satisfying than a screwdriver cocktail on a sunny afternoon. The Sawgrass Splash is the official cocktail of THE PLAYERS Championship…. and for good reason! It’s cold, refreshing and gets a little extra zip from GREY GOOSE® L’Orange Vodka.
Later this week, I’ll be flying down to Ponte Vedra with The PGA Tour for four days full of golf, Meiomi Wines at the 17th hole and gourmet plates from some of Florida’s most renowned chefs. I made this Cuban Sandwich last week to get myself into the Sunshine State spirit. I stuffed this classic handheld with carnitas and it was downright killer. It would definitely taste fantastic alongside this playful cocktail.
While growing up, I would visit my grandparents in the Southwest town of Punta Gorda every other summer. Since Ponte Vedra is on the complete opposite side of the state, I can’t wait to explore the surrounding areas of the Northeast! I’m also looking forward to checking out the PGA Tour Fan Shop (you know, so I can bring some memories back home!).
The Sawgrass Splash takes everything you love about a classic Screwdriver cocktail… then adds a splash of lemonade and a squeeze of lime. The trifecta of citrus is quite rejuvenating, designed to quench your thirst while out and about on a sunny golf course. It’s a great option for brunch as well, so I’ll be making this again for sure.
- 1.5 oz. Grey Goose L'Orange Vodka
- 2 oz. Fresh Orange Juice
- 2 oz. Fresh Lemonade
- Squeeze of Fresh Lime
- Pour all ingredients over ice and serve in a bucket glass. Garnish with a fresh orange slice and enjoy immediately!
NOTES ON THIS RECIPE:
- For best taste, always use freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Pink lemonade also tastes pretty awesome in this recipe. Want to give it some bubbles? Add a splash of champagne!
- Always serve super-duper cold. Once you’ve squeezed your orange juice, place it in the refrigerator for a few hours to chill.
This post is sponsored by The PGA Tour and THE PLAYERS Championship. Per the usual, all opinions here are mine alone and I would never recommend a destination or ingredient that I did not immensely enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the brands that support SliceOfJess.com!
OTHER COCKTAILS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
PIN THIS FOR LATER: