This Quinoa Tabbouleh is a great option to have on hand when you’re looking for a nutritious make-ahead meal. Filled with fresh herbs and veggies, it’ll satisfy anyone’s mid-day hunger strike.
School is back in session (can I get an amen?), so I’ve been playing with meal-prep ideas for weekday lunches.
Truthfully, I wish our toddler would bring this to school and brag about it with his friends (but I’m sure he wouldn’t even touch this). A mom can dream a little though, right?
In contrary, I’ve been sending these along with my husband to his office and they’ve been a huge hit. So… I guess I’m sayin’ that one out of two ain’t bad!
I absolutely love middle eastern recipes.
They’re super refreshing, healthy and utterly delicious. I honestly could eat this salad every day. It pairs well with hummus as an appetizer or can be served alongside chicken and pita bread for a fulfilling dinner.
If you’re trying to watch your carb intake, check out this Powerhouse Cauliflower Tabbouleh I made for That’s Tasty!
It’s a great option for adding some extra veggies into your diet. Oh, and that particular version is Whole30 and Paleo friendly. Speaking of veggies, make sure to check out these other salads!
- 2 cups Parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Mint, chopped
- 1 small Red Onion, minced
- 1 Cucumber, seeded & chopped
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Juice of One Lemon
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 cups Quinoa, cooked & cooled
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Pumpkin Seeds, optional for texture
- Cook quinoa, according to packaged directions, and allow to cool completely.
- In the meantime, chop all herbs and vegetables.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss until mixed.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER: