As I’ve mentioned in the past, Sweet Potatoes are my favorite spiralized vegetable. I refer to them as “Poodles”. Haha. You can make them savory, spicy or sweet. The bright orange color really pops in dishes and allows you to really create a more colorful plate. In the summer haze of barbecue’s, birthday parties and social gatherings… you find yourself munching on hot dogs, cheese plates, pasta salads and burgers. In an effort to lighten things up, behold… a pasta salad made out of veggies!
I’ve decided to start a “recipe of the month” and this colorful dish is July’s pick! The blend of Sweet Potato “Poodles” and Zucchini “Zoodles” is a match made in Heaven! Since they are both raw, it’s the same texture as “al dente” noodles. Score!!
This recipe is Vegan & Raw friendly with just a few swaps. Simply omit the Mozzarella for Vegan folks. Raw enthusiasts can swap the roasted Tomatoes for raw. This truly is a dish that everyone can enjoy!
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, spiralized
- 4 Zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 small Red Onion, peeled & spiralized
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, roasted
- 1 cup Mozzarella cubes (Or you can use shredded)
- ½ – ¾ cup Garlic-Dijon Cashew Cream (recipe on SliceofJess.com)
- Spiralize your vegetables and set aside in a large bowl.
- Blister your Tomatoes. I like to do this on the stove. Simply put your tomatoes in a frying pan and heat on medium-high heat until they start to blister. About 8 minutes.
- Cube your Mozzarella and set aside.
- Throw everyone together in a large serving platter and pour Cashew Cream over the mixture. Toss together with tongs until everyone is coated in Cashew Cream and mixed together. Add more Cashew Cream, if necessary.
- You can throw in some raw or roasted Cashews if you’d like. Also, a little Parsley would add to the presentation, but is not necessary. Chopped, roasted Chicken would be a nice addition as well.