I love mixing up other vegetables with my Zoodles.
This versatile recipe is very simple to prepare and so refreshing.
This dish can be served on it’s own, on a bed of lettuce, on top of rice or with grilled chicken as an entree salad. It’s an imaginative way to clean out my fridge at the end of each week and get the most mileage out of my vegetables.
Some GREAT mix-in ideas include:
- Sliced Almonds
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Roasted Corn
- Avocado slices
- chopped Jalapenos
- Sesame Seeds
- 3 Zucchini’s, spiralized
- 1 Cucumber, spiralized & squeezed dry
- 2 Carrots, sliced thinly into match-sticks
- 12 ounces Edamame, cooked to package directions & refrigerated
- 2 red Bell Peppers, sliced thinly
- ½ head Purple Cabbage, sliced thinly
- ½ cup Cilantro or Parsley, chopped
- ½ small Red Onion, chopped
- Juice of 1 Lemon (for variety you can sub an Orange)
- 5 tbsp. Rice Vinegar (can sub Red Wine Vinegar too)
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- S + P to taste
- Spiralize the zucchini & cucumber. Place zucchini noodles "zoodles" in a large mixing bowl.
- Take spiralized Cucumber and place the noodles in some paper towels; gently squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Add Cucumber Noodles to the zoodles and chop the rest of the vegetables.
- Once chopped, add vegetables to the mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix liquid ingredients with sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss together with kitchen tongs.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to mingle.
- Some additional mix-in ideas include Sliced Almonds, Walnuts, Pomegranate Seeds, Feta, Cherry Tomatoes, Roasted Corn, Avocado slices, chopped Jalapenos, Sesame Seeds, etc. Be creative!