Headed to the coast for a family getaway? Make sure to check out our beach packing list to ensure you’re grabbing everything you need for a successful trip!
We recently spent the most wonderful weekend at The Crystal Coast of North Carolina.
It was our first vacation as a family of four (with two children under the age of four) and the trip was nothing short of amazing. A few weeks prior to leaving, I had started making a list of everything we could possibly need while we were away. Below you’ll find the ultimate guide for essentials you’ll need while traveling with little ones in tow.
Before we dive into the packing situation… first you’ll need to reserve the right place to stay. Hotel or Beach House Rental?
For our family of four (+ extended family guests), we decided that renting a house worked better than a hotel room. With little ones on board, we appreciated the extra amenities of a rental verses a hotel room. For instance, being able to cook evening meals in our very own kitchen was a huge plus (especially for our picky, little eaters).
Another wonderful thing about renting a beach house was the fact that there’s no noise curfew.
The boys were as loud as they wanted at 6AM and no one complained to hotel management. The same went for us adults… as we stayed up playing card games until well past midnight each evening. Having our own space allowed us to be flexible with our family schedules.
ADDED BONUS: Everyone stayed in the same dwelling and did some family bonding! We recently had four generations under one roof on Indian Beach, NC (and it was amazing!!).
Okay… so let’s get back to that packing list.
My immediate crew and I are a family of two adults with a 4-year-old and 8-month-old. We needed everything from baby wipes to an extra pair of (toddler approved) waterproof sandals. Below is a detailed list of everything you’ll need to have some fun in the sun.
Make sure to grab a printable version of this list below!
FOR THE CAR RIDE:
- Snacks & Drinks
- Baby Bottles & Formula
- Diapers & Wet Wipes
- Car Chargers
- Garbage Bag (a large plastic bag will do)
- iPad or Entertainment Items (for older children)
- Rental Confirmation Info
- Driver’s License
- Auto Insurance Paperwork
- Credit / Debit Cards
- Health Insurance Cards
- Nearby Hospital Info
CLOTHING & SHOES:
- Bra & Sports Bra
- Diapers (+ swim diapers, if needed)
- Swimming Suits (bring 2 for each child)
- Sun / Swimming Hats
- Workout Clothes
- T-Shirts & Tank Tops
- Sweater or Light Jacket (in case it’s windy at night)
- Shorts & Skirts
- Nicer Clothing (if you go out to dinner)
- Flip Flops or Sandals
- Sneakers or Workout Shoes
- Extra Wet Wipes
- Baby Powder (for sandy hands and bottoms)
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Baby Shampoo / Soap
- Hair accessories (clips, hair band, gel, cream, etc.)
- Hair Electronics (dryer, flat iron, curing iron)
- Brush / Comb
- Toothpaste (+ kids toothpaste)
- Contacts, Case & Solution
- Cotton Swabs & Cotton Balls
- Nail Clippers (+ kids nail clippers)
- Lotion and/or Vaseline
- Makeup & Feminine Products
- Fit Bit / Watch
- Daily Medicines (His, Hers, Kids)
- Tylenol & Motrin (adults + kids)
- First Aid Kit
- Mom + Dad Beach Bag
- Kids Beach Bag
- Sunblock (+ spray sunblock for kids)
- Water Bottles
- Water Shoes
- Beach Towels / Blanket
- Umbrella or Beach Tent
- Beach Chairs
- Baby Carrier
- Beach Toys (sand bucket, shovels, frisbee, football, water floats, water toys, etc.)
- Boogie Boards
- Books / Magazines (for parents + older children)
- Beach Hats
- Small Cooler or Cold Bag (for lunch/snacks)
- Hand Sanitizer & Baby Wipes
- Drinks & Food
- Plastic Utensils & Plates
- Bottle Opener
- Trash Bags
FOR THE RENTAL HOUSE:
- Deck of Cards & Board Games
- Laptop / iPad + Power Cords + Chargers
- DVD’s or Netflix Login info
- Digital Camera
- Betteries for devices
- Note Pad + Pen
- Clorox Wipes
- Pillow (if you’re picky about your pillow)
- Nighttime Stuffed Animal (for younger kids)
- Portable Hamper
- Dishwasher Detergent
- Laundry Detergent & Dryer Sheets
- Paper Towels & Napkins
If you’re currently planning your next summer vacation, I highly recommend visiting The Crystal Coast of North Carolina.
Not only is this destination breathtakingly beautiful, but it’s convenient to Charlotte and has a plethora of coastline to explore. This post is a second part of our vacation spotlight that was sponsored by The Crystal Coast and Bluewater Vacation Rentals. As always, all opinions are my own and I would never recommend a travel destination that I didn’t enjoy myself. Thank you for supporting the establishments that support SliceofJess.com!
PRINT THE ULTIMATE PACKING LIST:
(or PIN IT for later!)