Mexican or Italian dishes are my family’s go-to staples.
They’re dishes are comforting, filling and downright delicious.
I often make Buffalo Chicken Pasta when I’m craving comfort food. However, I’m trying to lighten things up lately and introduce vegetables to my little guy as often as I can. Cauliflower tends to absorb the flavors surrounding it, which is ideal when cooking sauce-friendly meals.
This casserole does not taste like it’s mostly vegetables… it’s cheesy, gooey, and quite tasty. If you’d like to try the pasta version, simply sub the Cauliflower for 16 ounces of your favorite pasta.
Or even better, add the pasta AND Cauliflower (double the Greek Yogurt too) to create a Pasta-Veggie-Chicken Casserole delight! Enjoy and Happy Cooking!
- 3 cups Chicken, cooked & shredded
- 4 cups Cauliflower, roasted
- 1 cups Mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 3 spears Celery, minced
- 2 Carrots, minced
- ½ Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- ½ cup Buffalo Sauce (I like Franks Red Hot)
- 1 cup Bacon, crumbled
- ½ cup Green Onions, chopped
- Olive Oil
- S + P to taste
- Cook your chicken whichever preferred method you choose. I usually throw my chicken in a crockpot before I head to work and when I get home, poof…. It’s ready. Shred as necessary.
- Roast the Cauliflower at 425 for 20 minutes, just until the edges start to brown. (helpful hint, I spritz my cauliflower florets with olive oil, S + P before roasting)
- In a large skillet, sauté the Celery, Carrots and Onion with a dab of Olive Oil for 5 minutes. Add in your minced Garlic and sauté for another minute, until fragrant.
- Grab a large mixing bowl, and start assembling your casserole! Mix together your Chicken, Cauliflower, sautéed Onion mix, Greek Yogurt, Paprika, Buffalo Sauce and Bacon. (If you’re preparing for a toddler, skip the Buffalo Sauce and add BBQ sauce instead)
- Once everyone is mixed together nicely, pour into a buttered Casserole dish. Top with Mozzarella and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, then take foil off and raise your temperature to 425. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is nice and bubbly brown.
- Top with Green Onions and serve immediately.