This spice is a must-have in every chef’s kitchen. This mild, pepper flavor spice is packed with tons of health benefits! It has been proven to lower inflammation, treat depression, help prevent and treat several types of cancer, and promotes a healthy immune system. It is delicious and can be used in soups, stews, curries, rice and tea. This recipe should turn your rice bright orange, it’s beautiful for entertaining.
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Garlic, minced
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Tumeric
- ¾ cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt (Fage)
- Lime Wedges
- 2 tbsp Parsley (optional, for serving)
- Melt your butter in a medium size sauce pan. Add your Shallot & Garlic and sauté until slightly browned.
- Add your Brown Rice, Chicken Stock and Tumeric, stir until well blended.
- Add Bay Leaf and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once your rice is fully cooked, mix in your Greek Yogurt. Serve with Lime Wedges and a sprinkle of Parsley.