This savory Galette is rustic, elegant and is as easy (actually, easier) than Pie.
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 4 slices Bacon
- ½ cup Feta Cheese crumbles
- Ogre Sauce (purchase a bottle here)
- Cilantro (optional as garnish)
- Butter, as needed (to grease skillet)
- Thaw Puff Pastry according to the package directions, usually at room temperature for about 40 minutes.
- While you’re waiting for the Puff Pastry to thaw, prep the Galette ingredients. Peel and thinly slice the Sweet Potato and place slices in a large bowl. Pour desired amount of Ogre Sauce onto the Potatoes and mix until every slice is coated. Allow the Potatoes to marinate for the next half hour in the refrigerator.
- Chop the Onion and sauté in a medium sized skillet on medium heat until caramelized. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Next, cook the Bacon. In the same skillet as the Onions, cook the Bacon Strips until crisp. Remove from pan and let cool completely before chopping into smaller bits. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Now it’s time to assemble the Galette. Take the Puff Pastry and place in a greased, oven proof skillet. The edges will hang over the side but that’s ok! Layer ingredients in this order in the middle of the Puff Pastry:
- Carmalized Onions
- Ogre drenched Sweet Potatoes (slightly overlap each potato slice with each other, forming a circle)
- Feta Crumbles
- Fold up the sides of the Puff Pastry. Don’t worry about the crust being even or if some sides don’t have pastry to fold over, it’s supposed to look rustic.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes. Remove from pan and sprinkle with chopped Cilantro. Serve with extra Ogre Sauce for dipping.
Photo’s for steps 5 through 7 are below for those of you that like pictures. 🙂
1st Layer = Onions
2nd Layer = Potatoes
3rd & 4th Layers = Bacon and Feta … then fold up the sides!
Here’s the Galette right out of the oven.
Finally, we have the finished Galette sprinkled with Cilantro!! Enjoy with some Grilled Salmon, Chicken or a side Salad!