Would you like some CHEESE with that?
The most decadent Macaroni & Cheese you will ever eat.
Seriously… make two batches and bring one to your neighbor. You’ll instantly be their best friend.
When it comes to Mac & Cheese, this girl doesn’t play around. Here you’ll find our vegetarian recipe (if you omit the bacon), but this also tastes FABULOUS with Italian Sausage. Simply brown and cook the meat in a separate pan and add at step 3. Enjoy!
Mac & Cheese Au Gratin
- • 16 oz. box of Elbow Macaroni (or noodle of choice)
- 1 cup White Cheddar, shredded + 1/2 cup for topping
- 1 cup Jarlsberg, shredded (If you can’t find this, you can use Swiss)
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, shredded
- 2 & 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp. Bacon Jam (if you can’t find this, sub 1 slice crumbled Bacon + 2 tbsp. caramelized Onions)
- 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Fresh Spinach
- Fresh Parsley (for garnish), optional
- Vegetable Oil, as needed
- Cook Macaroni in a large pot according to package directions, less 1 minute.
- As Macaroni cooks, heat Heavy Cream to a low simmer. Add Cheeses (except 1/2 cup White Cheddar) and turn off heat. Fold in Bacon Jam, Dijon Mustard & Garlic. Mix until well combined.
- Drain Macaroni and return to pot. Add Spinach and Cheese Mixture to cooked Macaroni and mix until well combined.
- Pour Macaroni & Cheese mixture into a greased casserole dish (grease with Vegetable Oil), and sprinkle 1/2 cup of White Cheddar on top.
- Bake at 375F for 25 minutes or until the crust is browned and crispy.
- Sprinkle with Parsley and serve immediately.