Would you like some CHEESE with that?
The most decadent Macaroni & Cheese you will ever eat.
Macaroni & Cheese Au Gratin
Recipe featured on ScoopCharlotte.com
- • 16 oz. box of Elbow Macaroni (or noodle of choice)
- 1 cup White Cheddar, shredded + 1/2 cup for topping
- 1 cup Jarlsberg, shredded (If you can’t find this, you can use Swiss)
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, shredded
- 2 & 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp. Bacon Jam (if you can’t find this, sub 1 slice crumbled Bacon + 2 tbsp. caramelized Onions)
- 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Fresh Spinach
- Fresh Parsley (for garnish), optional
- Vegetable Oil, as needed
- Cook Macaroni in a large pot according to package directions, less 1 minute.
- As Macaroni cooks, heat Heavy Cream to a low simmer. Add Cheeses (except 1/2 cup White Cheddar) and turn off heat. Fold in Bacon Jam, Dijon Mustard & Garlic. Mix until well combined.
- Drain Macaroni and return to pot. Add Spinach and Cheese Mixture to cooked Macaroni and mix until well combined.
- Pour Macaroni & Cheese mixture into a greased casserole dish (grease with Vegetable Oil), and sprinkle 1/2 cup of White Cheddar on top.
- Bake at 375F for 25 minutes or until the crust is browned and crispy.
- Sprinkle with Parsley and serve immediately.